A Welcome Place for Kohala Visitors
Located at the gateway to North Kohala in Hawi, the Kohala Welcome Center invites you to venture to the northernmost point of Hawai`i Island, a rural region rich in history, culture and natural beauty.
At the Welcome Center, you’ll be greeted by one of our volunteer guides from the community who will answer your questions and provide additional information to make your visit the best possible.
- Take in our beautiful hallway of storyboards that tell the story of Kohala, both past and present.
- Enjoy clean, public restrooms on our outdoor lanai overlooking a lush gulch.
- Place a pin in your hometown on our big world map.
- Browse our collection of memorabilia from the sugar plantation days.
- Shop our retail corner, offering refreshing cold drinks, an array of local books, CDs and quality t-shirts and caps as well local and island maps with directions to “must see” destinations in our beautiful historic district, the birthplace of King Kamehameha I.
- Learn about the wonderful community projects that the Welcome Center supports.
- Come, relax a bit, talk story and share a special aloha with people who know and love the community.
Our hours are 9 am-4 pm Monday through Friday. Weekend hours vary.